This version of pulled pork has a very unique and sweet flavor. It isn’t your typical pulled pork recipe and you may question the ingredients, but just trust me. You’ll love it. It’s sweet, but not the typical drowning-in-bbq-sauce sweet. Don’t get me wrong. I am from Texas after all and we love our smokey, sweet, moist BBQ. But, this adds a different flare than you’d normal have.
You can serve this in sandwiches, tacos, or by itself. We like to eat it by itself in our house with some sides. It’s that good!
- 4lb Pork Roast Shoulder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce
- Place pork shoulder in the slow cooker.
- Pour enchilada sauce over pork and sprinkle with brown sugar
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Once the pork has finished cooking, open the slow cooker and shred it with two forks.
- Once it has been shredded, add in the bbq sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Put lid back on slow cooker and allow it to cook on low for an additional 30 minutes. This will allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve up and enjoy!