- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened (don’t skip softening it! honestly, melt it if you have to but don’t use it cold)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened & strained (you want the thickest part – you can do this with a slotted spoon)
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped apple
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line your baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- With a mixture, cream together your butter and sugars.
- Whisk in the applesauce, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, apple pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Once mixed, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apple.
- Cover and place dough in refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, until they are lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before removing to finish cooling on a rack.
WW Freestyle Points: 5 per cookie
You’ll want to use thicker applesauce and avoid it being too watery.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 31
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 13