A delicious, creamy, cheesy chicken enchilada dish that foodies and picky eaters will both love!
- 12–14 corn or flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup chopped, roasted green chiles – divided
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped OR 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8oz green chile enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together your filling ingredients (cream cheese, chicken, and black beans, and half of the green chiles). Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. If using an onion, add this to the butter and saute until softened. If using onion powder, add this to the butter. Add in the flour and make a roux by whisking together. You’ll want it to come together into a smooth paste like texture.
- Slowly add in the stick, milk, and enchilada sauce small amounts at a time while constantly whisking. You’ll want the sauce to remain thickened and smooth. Bring to a simmer and add in the salt, pepper, remaining green chiles, and sour cream, stirring until combined.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Layer a small amount of sauce across the bottom of the dish, just covering the bottom.
- Fill each tortilla with about 2-3 tablespoons of filling and place seam side down.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 2.4
- Sodium: 257.4
- Fat: 6.7
- Saturated Fat: 4.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18.4
- Fiber: 2.3
- Protein: 6.6
- Cholesterol: 26.4