BBQ Chicken Tacos – these tacos are a fresh twist on tacos that the whole family will love! They are filled with BBQ chicken, beans, and corn.
- 12 white corn tortillas (you can also use flour)
- 8 oz (1/2lb) boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can also use pre-cooked)
- your favorite bbq seasoning
- 4 oz bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (no dressing)
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- coarse sea salt
- Begin by cooking your chicken. I personally prefer to cook this in the Instant Pot, but choose any method below:
Instant Pot: Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot liner. Sprinkle with your favorite BBQ seasoning. Add 1.5 cups of water (or chicken broth). Place lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to SEALING. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. QUICK RELEASE the pressure and remove the lid. Remove the chicken and shred.
Stove: Sprinkle chicken breasts with your favorite BBQ seasoning and place in a skillet over high heat. Cook through until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from stove and shred.
Slow Cooker: Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and sprinkle with your favorite BBQ seasoning. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours. Remove from slow cooker and shred.
- Add the BBQ sauce to the shredded chicken and mix until it’s fully coated. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray (I prefer avocado oil spray). Add a tortilla to the skillet. Spray the top side with cooking spray and a light sprinkle of coarse sea salt. Cook until just heated and browned. Flip to the other side and do the same. Repeating for all tortillas. I like to hang them over a wood spoon handle or rolling pin while they cool, but this isn’t necessary.
- Add the frozen corn kernels to the skillet and roast until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Divide coleslaw mix, cilantro, chicken, black beans, and corn evenly within each tortilla.
- Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce if desired and enjoy!
3 tacos fully loaded using Stubbs BBQ Sauce & Mission Thin White Corn Tortillas: 7 WW points on green plan
- Serving Size: 3 tacos
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 19
Keywords: tacos, dinner, mexican, bbq