- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp + 5 tbsp butter, softened & divided
- 1 tbsp + 4 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp flour
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 5 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp brown sugar, and flour. Combine until it becomes a sticky, sand like consistency. Set aside.
- Make your mashed sweet potatoes. You can do this in the Instant Pot (see recipe coming to the blog in just 2 days), or you can peel and boil them on the stove.
- Once boiled and soft, drain them and add them back to the pot with 1 tbsp brown sugar and the remaining butter and cinnamon. Mash until smooth.
- Spread your mashed sweet potatoes smoothly and evenly into a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half of the marshmallows across the top (there will be gaps at this point).
- Sprinkle half of the streusel topping across the top.
- Top with remaining marshmallows and streusel.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 6 minutes. WATCH CLOSELY. You do not want the marshmallows to burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- Category: Holiday
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10th
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 16.2
- Sodium: 60.3
- Fat: 8.2
- Saturated Fat: 5.1
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35.1
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2.2
- Cholesterol: 21.4
Keywords: thanksgiving, sweet potato, dessert, sides