- 1 seedless watermelon
- 4 large limes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Malibu rum (more or less to your liking)
- Peel and slice your watermelon into small thin slices. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place the sheet in the oven to freeze your watermelon. Remember, the thinner the slices, the faster it’ll freeze.
- While your watermelon is freezing, make your simple syrup. Add sugar, water, and the zest from 1 lime into a sauce pan.
- Heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer, stirring until all sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely and then place in the refrigerator to cool even further.
- Once the watermelon is frozen completely and the syrup cooled, add both to a blender along with the Malibu rum and juice from all limes.
- Blend until smooth. If you’d like it to be even icier, add in some cubes of ice and blend.
- Enjoy with an extra squeeze of lime into your glass if you prefer.
- The thinner you slice the watermelon, the faster it will freeze
- The key to a good slush is to make sure all of your ingredients are very cold, with the watermelon being completely frozen.
- You can opt to blend your watermelon and then freeze in ice cubes if you prefer.
- Do not freeze the syrup, your final result won’t taste the same.