Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – this casserole is full on comfort food! It is full of seasoned chicken, broccoli, cheese, and basmati rice. By precooking the ingredients on the stove, they come together quickly in the oven.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast – cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tbsp Garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 head fresh broccoli, chopped into bit size pieces
- 1 can cream of chicken 98% fat free
- 1 can cheddar condensed soup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a deep skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. Once butter has melted add in the rice and toast briefly (about 1-2 minutes), stirring frequently. Pay attention as it can burn easily.
- Add in chicken broth, cover and cook for about 12 minutes. Just until rice is cooked and all broth has been absorbed.
- In a separate skillet, add your cubed chicken and season with the garlic & herb seasoning.
- Cook until cooked through and no longer pink. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Once it comes to a strong boil, add the broccoli pieces and boil for 6 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken, condensed cheddar soup, pepper, garlic powder, and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the cooked rice, cooked chicken, and cooked broccoli. Stir until combined.
- Spread evenly into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
WW Green Plan Points: 6 WW Blue Plan Points: 5
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 616
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 47
Keywords: broccoli, cheese, chicken, rice, casserole