Cheesy Italian Sausage and Vegetable Soup – it’s a hearty, vegetable packed soup that fills you up without weighing you down. It’s packed with broccoli, corn, peas, potatoes, carrots, Italian sausage, and cheese.
- 1lb Italian sausage
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder (or 1/4 onion, chopped)
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 32oz chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp marjoram
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups broccoli, broken into bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or more if you prefer)
- Add the Italian Sausage to a dutch oven or heavy bottomed skillet. Over medium high heat, cook, crumbling until it’s cooked through.
- Add in the carrot and saute for about 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften. They do not have to be completely cooked at this point.
- Add in the garlic and saute briefly, about 1 minute. Be careful that it does not burn.
- Add in the onion powder and mix to combine.
- Add in the potatoes, chicken stock, salt, pepper, marjoram, basil and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, corn, and peas. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour. Add to the soup.
- Turn the heat to low and slowly stir in the cheese until it is melted and mixed through.
- Serve up and enjoy!
WW Points calculated based on brand specific items, turkey Italian sausage, 2% milk, and reduced fat cheddar cheese.
WW Green Plan Points: 6
WW Blue Plan Points: 5
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 725
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 18
- Cholesterol: 28
Keywords: soup, vegetable, vegetables, sausage, cheese