Chicken Taquitos - a crispy, crunchy, cheesy taquito filled with a creamy chicken filling.
- 6oz cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas (I use extra thin white corn)
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add in the cooked chicken and pepper jack cheese.
- Warm the tortillas between two damp paper towels briefly in the microwave. This will keep them from tearing while rolling. Keep them between the paper towels only taking one out at a time while you roll them.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of mixture to the tortilla. Roll tightly.
- Place seam side down on your parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Once all taquitos are on the baking sheet, spray with avocado oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until brown and crispy.
WW points & calories calculated using fat free cream cheese, reduced-fat pepper jack cheese, and extra thin white corn tortillas by Mission.
WW Points: 4 each taquito on green and blue plan
- Serving Size: 1 taquito
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 191
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 5
Keywords: taquitos, chicken, finger foods