Garlic Bread - This buttery, garlicky bread can be made with whatever bread you have on hand at home. Whether it's your standard sliced bread, a yummy loaf you picked up from the bakery section, or even your homemade sourdough, this spread works!
- Bread (use your favorite loaf)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I use unsalted and add my own salt)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Add all ingredients (except bread) to a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Spread the butter evenly over your slices of bread (or half loaf if using french bread)
- Place on a baking sheet and toast for 6 minutes (or until beginning to brown). If you need them browned further, you can pop them under the broiler for an additional minute, but be careful! Bread burns quickly!
- Remove from the oven and enjoy with your favorite dish. I like to sprinkle mine with a little extra coarse kosher salt right out of the oven.
- Serving Size: 1/12th of loaf
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 184
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 20