This recipe is the perfect cheesy, spicy dip to take to parties or just save for yourself at home!
- 16oz light sour cream
- 8oz package of reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel cheese)
- 1/2 cup roasted green chile, diced
- 15.25oz sweet whole kernel canned corn, drained
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded & divided
- Preheat oven to broil. If your oven requires a broil temperature, I go with 550°F.
- Add the sour cream and cream cheese to a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Stir until cream cheese is melted and combined.
- Add in the green chiles, corn, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add in half the pepper jack cheese and slowly stir until it’s melted and combined.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle the other half of the pepper jack cheese over the top.
- Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes (watching closely), just until the cheese begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving with your favorite crackers, veggies, or chips!
- I prefer light sour cream and reduced fat cream cheese in this, but you can use full fat versions of both if you prefer. I would not use fat free of either version as it would change the texture.
- If you don’t have fresh roasted green chiles, you can use canned green chiles.
- If you want to make this dip ahead of time, I recommend making it through until topping the cheese and broiling shortly before serving.
- To see my preferences for brands and types of ingredients, please see the full blog post
- Category: Dips
- Method: Oven & Stove
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 480
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 49
Keywords: dip, dips, green chile, corn, cheese