Instant Pot Burrito Bowls are a quick & easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. They are full of chicken, rice, beans, and corn. Picky eaters and kids will love adding toppings to make it their own. The bowls (without toppings) come out to 323 calories, 7 points on WW green plan or 3 points on WW blue plan so if you’re looking for a hearty comfort food that still fits within your New Year’s resolutions, this is perfect for that.
- 1.5 – 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken – cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup roasted green chile, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup basmati rice, dry & uncooked
- 2 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Toppings (optional): taco sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, pico de gallo, avocado, tortilla strips, etc.
- Add chicken, taco seasoning, cumin, garlic powder, green chiles, corn, black beans, and salsa into the Instant Pot. Stir to combine making sure everything is well coated in the seasonings.
- Even out the mixture across the top.
- Sprinkle the rice evenly on top of the chicken mixture. DO NOT STIR.
- Carefully and slowly pour the chicken stock on top of the rice. DO NOT STIR. If there are pieces of rice floating or exposed above the stock, push them down with your utensil.
- Secure lid and set the pressure valve to SEALING.
- Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 10 minutes.
- Press CANCEL.
- Allow the Instant Pot to NATURAL-RELEASE the pressure for 5 minutes.
- QUICK-RELEASE the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
WW Green Points per serving: 7
WW Blue Points per serving: 3
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 838
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 26
- Cholesterol: 55
Keywords: chicken, instant pot, burrito bowl, dinner, lunch