A quick and easy way to make turkey breast in your Instant Pot.
- 5.5lb bone-in turkey breast
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Mix together all of your spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove your turkey breast from the packaging, and remove any and all gravy packets or items that came with the turkey.
- Rub your spice mixture all over the turkey breast, so that it is completely covered. Set aside.
- Turn your Instant Pot on to SAUTE.
- Add the butter to the Instant Pot.
- Place your turkey in the Instant Pot breast side down and sear for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken stock in the bottom of the Instant Pot and scrape the bits from the bottom of the pot to loosen them.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and place the turkey, breast side up in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid.
- Turn the valve to SEALING.
- Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 28 minutes.
- Press CANCEL.
- NATURALLY RELEASE the pressure, do not quick-release.
- Once pressure is released, remove the lid, turkey, and trivet.
- Press SAUTE.
- In a separate small bowl, make your cornstarch slurry using cornstarch and 4 tbsp water.
- Add them to the Instant Pot and whisk until the gravy has thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- I find the easiest way to handle the bone-in turkey breast in your Instant Pot is to use two sets of metal tongs with serrated edges.
- My 6qt Instant Pot was large enough to handle a 5lb turkey breast. If you will be using a larger turkey breast, I recommend using a larger Instant Pot.
- Serving Size: 1/7th
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 1004
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 39
- Cholesterol: 103
Keywords: turkey, gravy, instant pot