Lemon Pepper Chicken – A recipe using only 4 ingredients that yields a crispy, crunchy, delicious lemon pepper chicken. Little effort with maximum flavor results.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thin sliced)
- 12oz bottle lemon pepper marinade (I use Lawry’s)
- 2 cups plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2–3 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning (depending on how you like it)
- avocado oil spray (optional)
- Trim the extra fat from your chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts in a container or ziploc style bag.
- Add the bottle of marinade.
- Marinade anywhere from 15 min to 24 hours. The longer they marinade, the stronger the flavor.
- When you’re ready to cook them, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a shallow dish (big enough to fit the breasts), add your panko breadcrumbs and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Pull each breast from the marinade mixture (don’t rinse or shake off the marinade, it is the “glue” for the breading).
- Place the breast in the panko mix, covering it completely with breadcrumbs.
- Put breaded chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mat (you could also use a casserole style dish).
- This is an optional step: spray the tops of the chicken breasts lightly with avocado oil to get them extra crispy!
- Bake in the oven until internal temp reaches 165°F. I use thin cut breasts and they are usually done around 25 minutes. Enjoy!