- 10 jalapenos
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/2 lb spicy italian sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim, wash, and remove all seeds and ribs from the jalapenos.
- Place jalapenos on a baking sheet and place in the oven to partially roast. Just until they soften, about 5-8 minutes.
- While jalapenos are in the oven, begin browning the italian sausage in a skillet.
- Remove the jalapenos from the oven and set aside.
- Once italian sausage has cooked through, add in the cream cheese. Stir frequently until it has melted and mixed through.
- Remove mixture from the stove and add in the pepper jack cheese. Mix until combined.
- Scoop cheese mixture into each jalapeno.
- Place jalapenos back on the baking sheet and put back in the oven.
- Roast an additional 5-8 minutes until softened and slightly blackened.