- 1 cup water + additional to fill the pitcher
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 large lemons (zest from 1 lemon, juice from all)
- 3 cups peaches, diced
- Add 1 cup water, sugar, zest from 1 lemon, and peaches to a large sauce pan.
- Heat pan up to a boil and then allow the mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the peaches have softened and the mixture has begun to thicken, remove from the heat.
- Place a mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the peach mixture into the mesh strainer.
- Using a potato masher or similar tool, mash the mixture to extract all of the juice from it.
- Once all the juice has been expelled, discard the pulp.
- Add the juice to a large pitcher.
- Add in the lemon juice to the peach mixture.
- Fill the remainder of the pitcher with water and stir to combine.