When roasted correctly, roasted spaghetti squash yields long strands that resemble spaghetti without any mushy texture. Using the right technique makes all the difference!
- Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using a fork, poke holes throughout the spaghetti squash to allow the steam to release.
- Microwave your whole spaghetti squash for 5 minutes. This is just to soften the exterior and make it easier to cut.
- Cut into 1 1/2″ rings and scoop out the seeds.
- Sprinkle with salt on both sides and wait 10 minutes to allow the moisture to release. This is important to help keep your squash from becoming mushy.
- Blot off the moisture with a paper towel.
- Lay squash on a baking sheet either lined with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Brush the squash with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle with your hands.
- Peel the exterior from the rings.
- Separate the strands gently with a fork and enjoy!
Nutritional Info & WW points are calculated using ONLY the spaghetti squash. The total nutritional value and WW points will depend entirely on your choice and amount of oil.
WW Points All Plans: 0
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 3.9
- Fat: 0.4
- Saturated Fat: 0.1
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2.2
- Protein: 1
Keywords: squash, spaghetti squash, sides, vegetables