This Shepherd’s Pie is quick and easy to make and packed full of flavor.
- 1lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried onion
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp beef base
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, carrots)
- splash of water (if needed)
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until it is no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and dried onion and saute an additional minute or two, stirring just until it gets fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and beef base to the meat mixture. Stirring until fully combined.
- Add in the frozen mixed vegetables and cook, stirring until vegetables are thawed and warm. Add a splash of water if the mix seems dry or too thick. You want the mix to be thick & spreadable, but not dry.
- Pour the mixture into a round baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Top with the mashed potatoes and a sprinkle of cheese (if using).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until it is hot, bubbly, and the tips of the mashed potatoes just begin to brown a tiny bit.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!
- 8 points on WW green plan
- 7 points on WW blue plan
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 653
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 49
Keywords: shepherds pie, beef, vegetables, comfort food