You can make homemade potato soup from scratch right in your crockpot. This soup is loaded with bacon, potatoes, and cheese.
- 3lbs Yukon gold potatoes, chopped (I used baby golds)
- 24oz (3 cups) chicken stock
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped (about 5 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 12oz can (1.5 cups) of evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt (more or less depending on the type of cheese you use)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 4oz sharp cheddar, shredded
- Toppings: bacon, sour cream/greek yogurt, cheese, chives (anything you'd top your baked potato with!)
- Add potatoes, chicken stock, bacon, and onion powder to the slow cooker. Cover with the lid.
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Once the potatoes have cooked, in a small sauce pan add the butter. Once the butter has melted, whisk the flour in to fully combine.
- Slowly add the evaporated milk, whisking constantly. Add in the salt and pepper. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Pour into the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Add in the greek yogurt and shredded cheese. Stir until all of the cheese has melted and it is mixed completely.
- Serve and top with your favorite toppings!
- Serving Size: 1.25 cup
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 447
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 24
Keywords: soup, potatoes, slow cooker