Southwest Chicken & Rice Skillet – a one pot meal full of chicken, rice, bell peppers, corn, beans, and cheese. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and uses only one skillet for the whole meal!
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast – cut into bite size chunks
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup rice (I prefer Basmati)
- 2 cups water
- 15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 10oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken, bell peppers, and taco seasoning, stirring and cooking until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the rice to the skillet followed by the water. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat until rice is cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Remove lid and stir, fluffing the rice. Add in the black beans and corn.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until beans and corn have heated through.
- Pour enchilada sauce into the skillet, stirring until it is completely mixed through covering all pieces.
- Top with cheese and enjoy!
WW points calculated using basmati rice, Gebhardt brand enchilada sauce, and reduced fat cheddar.
WW Green Plan Points: 7
WW Blue Plan Points: 4
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 588
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 24
- Cholesterol: 43
Keywords: beans, enchilada, rice, chicken, one pot meal