- 4 cups shredded chicken, cooked (rotisserie or Instant Pot chicken both work well)
- 1–2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked white rice (I prefer Basmati)
- 1/4 cup roasted green chiles, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can rotel
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups corn (fresh, canned, or frozen [thaw first] all work well)
- 15oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack/cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your shredded chicken and taco seasoning. Mix to coat all of chicken. Alternatively, you can cook your chicken with taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, green chiles, sour cream, rotel, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, corn, and black beans. Mix to combine.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Layer half of the rice mixture, spreading evenly.
- Layer all of the chicken on top of the rice mixture, spreading evenly.
- Layer the remaining rice mixture on top of the chicken, spreading evenly.
- Top with your shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If the cheese starts to brown too early, cover with foil.
If you’d like to cook your chicken with the taco seasoning, I recommend cooking it in the Instant Pot. It cooks quickly, evenly, and will stay moist.