- 1lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted green chile
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 20oz enchilada sauce
- 15oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon corriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 9 lasagna noodles (do NOT use oven ready)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large, deep skillet add your ground beef and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up into pieces until no longer pinked and fully cooked through.
- Add the green chiles, frozen corn, enchilada sauce, and pinto beans to the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from the stove.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 1 cup of pepperjack cheese, egg, cumin, coriander, chili powder, pepper, and salt.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray and add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom. Assemble your lasagna as follows: thin layer of sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of your cheese mixture, a layer of sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, the remainder of your cheese mixture, a layer of sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, the remainder of your sauce, and then top with your shredded cheddar and remaining pepper jack.
- Cover your lasagna with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 1152
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 25
- Cholesterol: 64
Keywords: lasagna, tex mex, mexican