Have you ever eaten fresh mozzarella? If you haven't, you are totally missing out! I didn't know what I was missing until a few months ago. I bought some fresh mozzarella on a whim and my life has been forever changed!
So maybe you have and maybe you haven't tried fresh mozzarella, but have you tried balsamic glaze? No? You should. In fact, in order to try both you should make this recipe!
This recipe makes a great side or appetizer. It is also perfect for your brunch menu. It's fresh and light pairs well with so many different items.
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 5 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 TBSP balsamic glaze
- Salt & Pepper
- Begin by lightly sprinkling slices of tomato with salt and pepper.
- Alternate layers of tomato, mozzarella, and a few basil leaves.
- Repeat layers ending with a slice of tomato.
- Drizzle entire salad with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!