This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
Why I love Crockpot Ranch Chicken
- Easy to make
- Versatile – it goes with so many sides and dishes
- Only requires 4 ingredients
- Dump and go – just put it all in the slow cooker and let it go
Ranch Chicken Crock Pot Ingredients
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Cream of chicken soup
- Chicken stock
How to Make Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Detailed instructions and measurements to make Crockpot Ranch Chicken are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
How to Serve Ranch Crockpot Chicken
I like serving ours over rice or pasta. Both work really well with the chicken and sauce. I usually serve it with a side of roasted broccoli or a salad.
Tips, Tricks and FAQs for Ranch Chicken in Crock Pot
Don’t overcook the chicken. A lot of crockpot recipes call for cooking chicken 8+ hours which is normally far too long. You’ll end up with dry chicken. Four to six hours is usually plenty of time.
I use either Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix or the store brand from my local HEB.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast only needs 4-6 hours on low.
You can use a mixer, two forks, or even your hands.
Yes, you can put raw chicken in the crockpot. It needs to be cooked until an internal temperature of 165°F.
It is better to cook chicken breast on low in the crock pot for 4 hours. By cooking it slow and not overcooking it, you will have tender, juicy chicken breasts.
You can put frozen chicken in the crockpot. It will not be as tender as if you cooked it thawed, but you can put it in frozen. Be sure the chicken is cooked until the internal temperature reaches 165°F at the thickest part.
You do not need to add liquid to chicken in the slow cooker. The moisture and fat will render down from the chicken while it cooks.
Chicken Ranch Crockpot Substitution and Alterations
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – You can substitute these with boneless skinless chicken thighs. You’ll need to reduce the cook time if you do this.
- Ranch dressing mix – I do not recommend substituting this.
- Chicken stock – You can replace this with chicken broth or even vegetable stock.
- Cream of chicken – You can use various versions of cream of chicken or make your own homemade.
You could also add cheddar cheese or bacon to this to add extra flavor.
How to Store, Freeze, and Reheat Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
Cooked crockpot ranch chicken can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I recommend reheating it 1 minute at a time if using the microwave.
Other Favorite Recipes to Try
Share on FacebookShare
Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
- To the sleeve of the crockpot, combine the ranch seasoning mix, cream of chicken soup, and chicken stock. Stir to combine
- Add chicken to the crockpot and push to the bottom.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The ingredients in this recipe each have salt in them, so give the ingredients a stir and decide if more is needed. Then add more to your taste.
- Want to lower the salt in the recipe? We recommend using low-sodium cream of chicken and unsalted broth.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. It should only be used for estimation purposes and is not a guarantee of any kind. Nutritional information varies widely between brands and types of ingredients used. It is recommended that you calculate the nutritional information based on your own ingredients and brands used. Sweetly Splendid, LLC makes no guarantees as to the exact nutrition information.