This Roasted Garlic and Basil Alfredo Sauce is so easy to make. Roasting the garlic is the most time consuming part, but it's so simple and worth it! Have you ever had roasted garlic, if not, you're missing out! It's really easy to do at home. I often find myself taking the extra time to roast the garlic in recipes if I'm able to. It really amps up the flavor in sauces and even salsa. It's especially delicious if you take tomatoes and roast garlic on top of them. Yum!
I chose to pair my Alfredo sauce with tortellini, but any thick and hearty pasta would be perfect! It would also be really great with chicken. I've still got some serious pregnancy meat aversions so I left it out this time, but on a normal occasion I would include some sliced grilled chicken on top. This would be especially delicious on some mushroom ravioli!
The Weight Watchers Freestyle points along with the nutrition information have been calculated based on using 2oz of fettuccine. You can lower the points or calories in this with a few simple swaps. You could use zoodles in place of the pasta or even Palmini or Banza pasta would work here too.
This decadent dish is a crowd pleaser that the whole family will love. It's also easily adaptable to be made for a crowd if needed. Serve it up with a nice side salad and some crusty bread and you're good to go!
Roasted Garlic & Basil Alfredo
- 2 full heads of garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Your favorite thick pasta cooked (fettuccine, tortellini, ravioli, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off the heads of garlic leaving the rest in tact.
- Drizzle a tablespoon over the top of each head of garlic.
- Wrap the heads of garlic in foil and place in the oven for 1 hour.
- Squeeze the garlic from the peel into a food processor.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil to the processor along with a handful of basil.
- Pulse until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Add mixture from the food processor into a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Slowly add in heavy cream until just beginning to simmer.
- Add in sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- Add in your pasta and enjoy!