Ok, so its not really poisoned, it's delicious! This is normally a Christmas treat, but we've put a little Halloween twist on it with some adorable orange, silver, and black sprinkles. It is so easy to make and can easily be made to serve a few or a few hundred. Each package of almond bark covers 1 bag of popcorn. If you use 1 package of almond bark per 1 package of popcorn, it gets a little too rich.
This treat would also make adorable party favors. Take the sweet little treat backs you can find around the holidays from the craft stores and fill them with this. Tie with a cute Halloween ribbon and you're good to go!
- 2 bags of microwave popcorn
- 1 package almond bark
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Pop each bag of popcorn, open bag and set aside.
- Melt ½ a package at a time of almond bark by placing in a microwavable safe bowl and heating for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and continue to heat in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Pour 1 bag of popcorn into a large bowl.
- Pour melted almond bark over the top of popcorn and stir lightly until combined. You want the popcorn to be pretty evenly covered, but don't stir to the point of breaking the popcorn.
- Pour the covered popcorn onto wax paper and spread out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with Halloween colored sprinkles.
- Allow to cool and harden.
- Continue with remaining popcorn and almond bark.
- Once cooled and dry, break apart and store and in an airtight container.