This Halloween Popcorn Recipe takes your standard buttery popcorn up a notch with melted almond bark and fun Halloween sprinkles. It’s easy to make with kids for your Halloween party.
The best Halloween popcorn
A perk of October is getting to make all of the fun halloween treats. This Halloween popcorn mix is the perfect treat to make with kids and for Halloween parties.
It’s an easy recipe that can be served out of a large bowl or pack it up in cellophane bags to give away. You could also make this spooky popcorn a part of your halloween festivities by having your guests help make it.
Since the add-ins can be customized, an easy way to have everyone participate is to put the different Halloween candy in bowls and people can customize it however they like.
This recipe is easily multiplied. It is so easy to make and can easily be made to serve a few or a few hundred.
Ingredients to make this easy halloween treat
- popcorn – You can make your popcorn however you like. I like using microwave popcorn to make it easy, but you can use an air popper to make air-popped popcorn or a standard popcorn popper using popcorn kernels. No matter which one you choose, just be sure that you don’t use plain popcorn. You want to use buttered popcorn.
- almond bark – Almond bark is a candy coating that you find in the baking aisle at the grocery store. You could also use melted white chocolate mixed with some coconut oil, but I find almond bark gives the best flavor without being too rich. Another option would be to use candy melts. Black candy melts, green candy melt, and orange candy melts all would look nice and spooky.
- sprinkles & candy – Here is where you can go wild! Make it a fun treat by choosing your favorite candies and sprinkles.
How to make this Halloween popcorn recipe
- Pop your popcorn and set it aside to cool. Be sure to remove any un-popped kernels.
- Melt 1/2 of a package at a time of almond bark by placing it in a microwavable safe bowl and heating for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and continue to heat it in 30-second increments until it’s melted and smooth. You can also heat it over medium heat on the stove in a medium saucepan.
- Add half of the popcorn to a large mixing bowl and pour the melted almond bark over the top of the popcorn and stir lightly until it’s combined. You want the popcorn to be evenly covered, but don’t stir to the point of breaking the popcorn.
- Pour out the covered popcorn onto wax paper or parchment paper and spread it out in an even layer.
- Here is where you get creative! Sprinkle the popcorn with your favorite Halloween-colored sprinkles or candy.
- Let the popcorn cool and harden.
- Repeat the process with the remaining popcorn and almond bark.
- Once all of the popcorn has cooled and is completely dry, break it apart and enjoy!
How to customize Halloween popcorn
The great thing about this Halloween popcorn mix is that you can customize and make it your own! The salty, buttery popcorn combined with the candy and sprinkles makes the perfect salty sweet combination.
Some great things to sprinkle on your Halloween popcorn include:
- crumbled oreo cookies
- make it monster halloween popcorn by sprinkling in googly eyes (also known as candy eyes)
- reese’s pieces
- chocolate candies
- make candy corn popcorn by adding candy corn pieces
- candy pumpkins
- gummy worms
- miniature marshmallows to make marshmallow popcorn
Another way to customize this popcorn snack mix is by playing with the different types of popcorn. While I personally love the salty sweet combo of buttered popcorn with the almond bark flavor, you could use different popcorn entirely.
Buttery popcorn: Make your own popcorn and drizzle it with melted unsalted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt before coating it in almond bark.
White chocolate popcorn: Instead of almond bark, replace it with white chocolate and a little coconut oil
Kettle corn: combine sugar with a little bit of oil when popping your popcorn for an extra sweet treat
Caramel popcorn: start with caramel corn before drizzling in the almond bark
Make it colorful! Instead of just adding your favorite Halloween candies, you could add gel food coloring to the melted almond bark to add extra color and fun.
Other taste Halloween treats you might like
Share on FacebookShare
Halloween Popcorn Recipe
- 2 bags of microwave popcorn
- 1 package almond bark
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Pop each bag of popcorn, open bag and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 a package at a time of almond bark by placing in a microwavable safe bowl and heating for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and continue to heat in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Pour 1 bag of popcorn into a large bowl.
- Pour melted almond bark over the top of popcorn and stir lightly until combined. You want the popcorn to be pretty evenly covered, but don’t stir to the point of breaking the popcorn.
- Pour the covered popcorn onto wax paper and spread out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with Halloween colored sprinkles.
- Allow to cool and harden.
- Continue with remaining popcorn and almond bark.
- Once cooled and dry, break apart and store and in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.