Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken – A slow cooker chicken full of cilantro and lime flavors that are perfect for tacos, served over rice, and keto-friendly.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
the best crockpot cilantro lime chicken
If you’re looking for an easy to make weeknight meal, this cilantro lime chicken is perfect. It’s easy to make because there’s no fuss.
You add all of the ingredients to the crockpot, set it, and dinner will be ready in a couple of hours.
This cilantro lime chicken is full of bright citrus flavor. It’s light, vibrant, and flavorful.
There are only a few ingredients and they’re easy to find at your local grocery store.
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken Ingredients
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- lime juice
- chicken broth
Can Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken be made with chicken thighs?
Yes, it can! I would adjust the time on the crockpot to accommodate them.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Detailed instructions and measurements are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Lime Cilantro Chicken (Crock Pot) Tips and FAQs
- Do you like your chicken spicy? If so, you can add a jalapeno to the mix in the food processor or blender and add that in.
- Don’t overcook your chicken. I find that 3-4 hours on low is plenty of time.
- If you want to add a little more depth of flavor, you can also add cumin to your cilantro mix.
We love to serve ours over Jalapeno Lime Rice!
Yes, you can turn this into an easy freezer meal. Combine all of the ingredients in a freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Dump the bag into the crockpot when you’re ready to cook!
alterations for picky eaters
- Add honey! A bit of sweetness will help with the acidity of the lime.
alterations to lower calories or ww points
- It’s actually low calorie and low WW points as written so no alterations are necessary.
recipes to pair it with
Share on FacebookShare
Cilantro Lime Chicken (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- Add all ingredients (except chicken) to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker and pour cilantro mix over it.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.