Chili Lime Rice Recipe
The ever popular cilantro lime doesn't quite get made the same in our house. We make this version of Jalapeno Lime Rice in this house. It takes your cilantro lime rice up a notch with a touch of heat. I prefer this over any other cilantro lime rice.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR JALAPENO RICE RECIPE:
- rice (we prefer basmati or jasmine)
- chicken stock (or water)
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO RICE RECIPE:
(full recipe card below)
- Add the butter to a large skillet and allow it to melt.
- Add in the jalapeno and sautee briefly, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the dry (uncooked) rice to the skillet stirring frequently to toast the rice. Toast the rice for about 1 minute.
- Add in ½ of the lime juice and the chicken stock (or water).
- Cover and simmer the rice over low heat until all of the liquid is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove the lid and add in the remaining lime juice and cilantro. Stir to combine.
TIPS AND NOTES FOR JALAPENO LIME RICE:
- You can use any kind of rice you like, we just happen to prefer basmati or jasmine. Keep in mind that brown rice needs more liquid so you may need to add more.
- If you'd like a less spicy rice, be sure to remove the ribs and seeds from your jalapeno.
- If you want an additional lime flavor, I recommend adding some lime zest to the rice.
How Spicy is Chili Lime Rice Recipe?
Chili Lime Rice is a medium level of spice. You can lower the spice level by removing the ribs and seeds from the jalapeños before adding them to the dish.
Can Lime Jasmine Rice be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! It reheats really well!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Chili Lime Rice (Jalapeno)
This Jalapeno Lime Rice combines the bright flavors of lime with the spicy touch of jalapeno. It's perfect as a side or in your burrito bowls.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 whole jalapenos depending on how spicy you want it, chopped
- 1 cup rice basmati or jasmine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- Add butter to a large skillet and melt.
- Add in your jalapeno and saute briefly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your rice and stir frequently. Toast rice for about 1 minute.
- Add in a pinch of salt and half of the lime juice.
- Add in the chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and allow it to simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Uncover the rice and add in the remaining lime juice and cilantro.
- Stir to combine and serve it up!
Chili Lime Rice (Jalapeno)
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Please let us know how it was in the comments or tag us on Instagram @sweetlysplendid!
Recently went to a restaurant on vacation. Had jalapeño cilantro rice. So good. Looked up recipes. This one looked the best. It was really easy and turned out so good. Husband said it’s a keeper!
I love that! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed it.
Soooo good, I have a jalapeño plant that’s been really good to us all year so I searched for what I can do with them and this recipe is soooo good! Thank you!
Omg I made this exactly and it was fantastic! Next time I’ll add more cilantro and lime, and this will be a new rice staple in our house! Fantastic!