The ever popular cilantro lime doesn’t quite get made the same in our house. We make this version of Jalapeno Lime Rice in this house. It takes your cilantro lime rice up a notch with a touch of heat. I prefer this over any other cilantro lime rice.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR JALAPENO LIME RICE:
- rice (we prefer basmati or jasmine)
- chicken stock (or water)
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO LIME RICE:
(full recipe card below)
- Add the butter to a large skillet and allow it to melt.
- Add in the jalapeno and sautee briefly, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the dry (uncooked) rice to the skillet stirring frequently to toast the rice. Toast the rice for about 1 minute.
- Add in 1/2 of the lime juice and the chicken stock (or water).
- Cover and simmer the rice over low heat until all of the liquid is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove the lid and add in the remaining lime juice and cilantro. Stir to combine.
TIPS AND NOTES FOR JALAPENO LIME RICE:
- You can use any kind of rice you like, we just happen to prefer basmati or jasmine. Keep in mind that brown rice needs more liquid so you may need to add more.
- If you’d like a less spicy rice, be sure to remove the ribs and seeds from your jalapeno.
- If you want an additional lime flavor, I recommend adding some lime zest to the rice.
CAN JALAPENO LIME RICE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! It reheats really well!
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE:Print
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1–2 jalapenos (depending on how spicy you want it), chopped
- 1 cup rice (I prefer basmati or jasmine)
- pinch of salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- Add butter to a large skillet and melt.
- Add in your jalapeno and saute briefly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your rice and stir frequently. Toast rice for about 1 minute.
- Add in a pinch of salt and half of the lime juice.
- Add in the chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and allow it to simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Uncover the rice and add in the remaining lime juice and cilantro.
- Stir to combine and serve it up!