This taco pasta is so good! It has a nice little spicy kick that isn't too spicy and I'm such a pasta & cheese lover that I could eat the whole pan!
This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker and it's freezer friendly.
To convert this to a slow cooker recipe, brown your ground beef and add along with all ingredients except pasta and cheese in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours. Just before serving, add in cooked pasta and cheese. Stir to combine and voila!
To convert this into a freezer meal, you do the same as above for the slow cooker, except instead of adding it to the slow cooker, you'll add all the ingredients (except the pasta and cheese) to a gallon freezer ziploc. When you're ready to cook, remove from the freezer, throw in the crockpot or skillet and proceed as normal.
Now onto the recipe!Print
- 1lb ground beef
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 10oz enchilada sauce (I prefer Gebhardt brand)
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 cups pasta (choose your favorite - shells, elbows, etc)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large, deep skillet brown the ground beef.
- Drain the ground beef and return it to the skillet.
- Add in tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, beef broth, and water. Stir to combine.
- Add in taco seasoning, onion powder, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While your sauce is simmering, bring a separate pot of water to boil and cook your pasta.
- Break the cream cheese into smaller pieces and add into sauce.
- Stir slowly until cream cheese is combined and melted.
- Once your cream cheese is melted and combined, add in the pasta and cheese.
- Stir to combine. Enjoy!
WW Freestyle Points: 13
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 1210
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 28
- Cholesterol: 84