I love this recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad because it is so easy to throw together, requires very little effort, and doesn’t require any use of the oven or stove. It means it’s perfect for summer! I feel like the best chicken for this is a rotisserie chicken so you don’t even have to cook that! It’s perfect!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD:
- mixed greens
- rotisserie chicken
- red onion or shallot
- avocado oil
- jalapenos (optional)
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD
(full recipe card below)
- Combine the mixed greens, rotisserie chicken, avocado, cilantro, corn, and red onion into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lime, garlic, cumin, paprika, pepper, avocado oil, and jalapeno (if using). Mix until combined well. I like doing this in a mason jar so that I can shake it.
- Pour dressing oven your salad and mix to combine until it’s all coated and enjoy!
TIPS AND NOTES FOR AVOCADO CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD:
- I like to put all of my dressing ingredients into a mason jar, put the lid on, and shake it vigorously. It gets the dressing fulling mixed without a fight.
- The jalapeno adds a nice little kick, but you can leave it out entirely.
- You can replace the cumin, paprika, and garlic with taco seasoning instead and it gives it a great flavor.
CAN THE AVOCADO CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
It can, with some slight alterations. The concern will be with the dressing and the avocado. I would make the ingredients separately and then just assemble when its time to serve. You could also assemble, squeeze some lime over the avocado (to keep it from browning), and then add the remaining dressing when you assembled.
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE:Print
- 3 cups mixed greens, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (I prefer fresh, chopped from the cob)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped (or shallot if you prefer a milder taste)
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- jalapenos, finely diced (optional)
- Combine the mixed greens, rotisserie chicken, avocado, cilantro, and red onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl (or mason jar), combine the juice from the limes, garlic, cumin, paprika, avocado oil, and jalapeno (if using).
- Mix the dressing until its fully combined.
- Pour the dressing over your salad and mix to combine until it’s all coated.