Avocado Mango Salsa is sweet and fresh. With juicy mangos, and tangy lime it makes a great healthy dip or topping.
It's quick and easy to make and goes great with chicken, seafood, or with chips.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
the best avocado mango salsa
This mango salsa recipe is light, refreshing, and perfectly tropical. When mangos are in season, it's so flavorful and perfect.
It's versatile and perfect as a dip or topping. It goes great on chicken and seafood as well as inside tacos. You can serve as an appetizer with chips or inside your favorite fajitas!
You can have a tropical, fresh meal with this delicious salsa on top in less than 30 minutes.
- fresh mango
- red onion
- chopped cilantro (you need to use fresh cilantro)
- squeezed limes (lime juice)
- salt and pepper
how to serve
- On top of Marinated Grilled Chicken
- In Chicken Mango Salsa Tacos
- with Coastal Marinated Grilled Chicken
- On top of Honey Jalapeno Lime Salmon
- with some black beans, rice, and bell peppers
how to make
Detailed instructions and measurements to make X are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Peel and cut a mango, avocado, and jalapeno into small pieces.
- Add the avocado, mango, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro to a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze with lime juice (and zest for extra lime flavor) and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine and serve!
tips, tricks and faqs
Use ripe, in season mangos and avocados. By using fresh produce, you'll have the best flavor.
Try to keep the pieces small when dicing. If the mangos, avocados, and jalapenos are diced small, you'll get a little of everything in each bite.
When chopping up your jalapeno, be sure to remove the ribs and seeds. This will lower the heat level of the pepper.
No. You need to use fresh mangos for this salsa. The water content and texture of frozen mangos will ruin the salsa.
I actually prefer to use Ataulfo mangos, but any mango works great!
- mango - you could substitute pineapple in place of the mango for a pineapple avocado salsa.
- jalapeno - you can replace the jalapeno with a serrano pepper instead. Serrano peppers are hotter than jalapeno, so it will give a spicy kick.
how to store
Due to the avocado in this recipe, you'll want to eat this either the same day or the next day. You can extend the shelf life by squeezing the lime juice directly on the avocado.
Store the salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days. The salt will pull moisture from the ingredients so it may end up watery after being in the refrigerator long.
For best results and taste, I recommend making it the same day you plan to serve it.
other salsa recipes you might like
Avocado Mango Salsa
- 1 whole mango peeled and chopped
- 1 small avocado chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 whole lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the ingredients and mix to combine. You can add zest from the lime for even more flavor.
- Serve with chicken, chips, in your favorite tacos, or on seafood.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. It should only be used for estimation purposes and is not a guarantee of any kind. Nutritional information varies widely between brands and types of ingredients used. It is recommended that you calculate the nutritional information based on your own ingredients and brands used. Sweetly Splendid, LLC makes no guarantees as to the exact nutrition information.