I have been trying to get this recipe perfected for almost a year now. Every time I’d make it, it had too strong of flavors in one area, or not enough in another. I didn’t want it to be too sweet, have too much citrus, or have too much garlic. It was a delicate balance! I was finally able to nail it down to one that I love. I hope you love it too!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR COASTAL MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN:
- chicken breast
- coconut aminos (you can use soy sauce if you prefer)
- avocado oil
HOW TO MAKE COASTAL MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
- Super simple… you just combine all of your marinade ingredients into a bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Add your marinade and chicken to a gallon size food storage bag and place in the fridge for 4-24 hours (the longer the better).
- Once the chicken has marinaded, remove it from the fridge and preheat your grill.
- Add your chicken to the grill and cook for 7-10 minutes per side (depending on thickness).
- Once the internal temp of your chicken has reached 165°F, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
TIPS AND NOTES FOR COASTAL MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
- This marinade has oil in it so we recommend cooking them over low heat on the grill to avoid flare ups.
- The longer you can marinade this chicken, the better. I try to let mine marinade for at least 12 hours.
- Resting your chicken after it’s cooked allows the juices to redistribute. If you cut your chicken too soon, all of the juices will run out and it will be dry.
- Buy an instant read meat thermometer! It’ll save you from both under cooked AND over cooked chicken. No one likes dry chicken!
CAN COASTAL MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
I actually really like when my husband grills this up for me at the beginning of the week and I store in the fridge or freezer for later use. I wouldn’t recommend marinading it for more than 24 hours, but you can always freeze any cooked leftovers to have for later!
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR MEALS? TRY ONE OF THESE:Print
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 tbsp coconut aminos (you can sub in soy sauce if you prefer)
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp avocado oil
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Whisk together all ingredients except chicken.
Add chicken and marinade mix into a gallon food storage bag.
Place bag in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
When ready to grill, preheat your grill and set to low heat.
Place each chicken breast on grill and cook 7-10 minutes per side depending on thickness.
Remove from grill when the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
This marinade has oil in it, so it’s very important to cook over low flame to avoid flare ups.
Letting your chicken rest after grilling is important for maintaining a juicy piece of chicken.