So yes, this is a basic baked chicken recipe. But hey, it's a good one! I'm not a fan of the plain-jane, dried out, baked chicken breast. I like my baked chicken to have a crust on it. I also want the crust to be flavorful. So basically, I'm really picky about my baked chicken. I mean if it's not going to have a crispy crust, I'd rather have grilled chicken.
Anywayyyyyyyyy... the fact that this recipe uses panko breadcrumbs is important. If you substitute them out for regular breadcrumbs, you won't have the same result. I've tried also substituting out the egg for other things like ranch and mayo as some recipes call for, but it doesn't give you the same flavor and crunch. This is one of those things that I've been making for years and years and it stays in my dinner rotation. One thing to be careful of is that when you spray your baking dish with Pam, be sure to not over spray it. If you spray too much Pam in the dish, the bottom of your chicken won't crisp up correctly. Also, you can't make this recipe straight from frozen chicken breasts. Unlike a majority of my recipes, the chicken does have to be thawed before starting.Print
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 1 TBSP Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray 13 x 9 glass baking dish with Pam. Set aside.
- In a pie dish, add the two large eggs and whisk. Set aside.
- In a separate pie dish, add breadcrumbs and seasonings. Mix until fully combined.
- Taking one chicken breast at a time, dip the breast into the egg, making sure it is fully coated on all sides.
- Remove from the egg and dip into the breadcrumb mixture. Be sure to coat all sides and that you press it into the breadcrumbs.
- Lift the chicken breast from the breadcrumb mixture and shake to remove any excess.
- Place chicken breast into baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes depending on thickness. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Once fully cooked, remove from oven and allow the chicken to cool for about 3-5 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and prevent them from running out immediately. Enjoy!
WW Freestyle Points: 9 per chicken breast
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 742
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 60
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 34
- Cholesterol: 163