It's light, it's fresh, it's bright, and oh so versatile. This avocado corn salsa pairs well with chicken, fish, tacos, salads, chips, you name it! I have been known to eat it with a spoon. But hey, once you give it a try, I have faith that you will too! You can easily adjust the heat in this recipe by either keeping the ribs and seeds in your jalapenos to make it hotter (or adding additional), or omit the jalapenos entirely if you don't want any heat at all.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR AVOCADO CORN SALSA:
- corn kernels
- avocado oil
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- chili powder
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CORN SALSA:
(full recipe card below)
- This recipe is super simple! Put all of your ingredients in a bowl together and stir to combine.
- That's it! No really, that's it!
TIPS AND NOTES FOR AVOCADO CORN SALSA:
- You can control the heat by adding or removing the amount of jalapenos and chili powder. If you want no heat at all, leave them both out!
- The limes are important for the flavor, but also to keep your avocado from browning so don't skimp out.
CAN THIS BE MADE IN ADVANCE?
I wouldn't make it more than a few hours in advance. While the lime juice will keep the avocado from browning for a while, I feel like it tends to get a little "soggy" towards the end of the second day. So to have the best tasting version, I'd stick with fresh. You could make the salsa in advance, leaving out the avocado, corn, and cilantro. Then, add the avocado, corn, and cilantro in just before serving. It does have it's best flavor fresh (in my opinion).
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE:
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 2 large limes juiced
- 1-2 jalapenos diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels about 2-3 full cobs
- 1 avocado diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- dash chili powder
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix up and serve! That's it!