A smoothie bowl, nice cream, whatever you call it, I love them! I love a good smoothie, but to me, a smoothie bowl is a little more substantial. This Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl was so sweet and delicious. It kept me full for hours.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Peeled, frozen bananas – these serve as your “base”
- Wild blueberries, frozen – I buy mine organic from Costco
- Almond milk – I prefer unsweetened, plain from Califia Farms (I’ve tried other flavors and brands and this just happens to be the one I like best)
- Chia seeds – I used Terrasoul brand
- Toppings – get creative! For this particular one in the picture, I used kiwi, some extra frozen blueberries, shredded coconut, and raw cacao nibs. Just really focus on things that will help enhance the flavor of your bowl. If you need ideas Pinterest is a great place to find inspiration for toppings.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL
You’ll want to blend the bananas, blueberries, and almond milk together first. If it isn’t going smooth, you can add additional almond milk. You want it to stay thick, but just enough liquid so it can come together. Depending on your blender, you may need additional almond milk. Add in the chia seeds at the end and blend just until combined.
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR SMOOTHIE BOWL
- I like to keep the smoothie bowl itself basic, while adding extra toppings.
- A good blender is imperative to a good smoothie bowl. If you have an old, dull bladed blender, you’ll end up battling through to get a good bowl done.
- You can swap the milk for any kind you like, unsweetened plain almond milk is just my favorite.
OTHER SWEETLY SPLENDID RECIPES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED INPrint
2 bananas, peeled and frozen
1 cup frozen wild blueberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup almond milk (plus more for your liking)
your favorite toppings
Add banana, blueberries, and almond milk to the blender.
Blend until smooth, adding more almond milk if needed.
Once ingredients are blended, add in chia seeds and blend until combined.
Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!