These Buffalo chicken sliders are the perfect combination of tangy, spicy, creamy, and cheesy. They’re quick and simple to make with easy to find ingredients.
Perfect for everything from game-day parties to weeknight meals.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
Aren’t sliders just the perfect sandwich food? And these Buffalo chicken sliders are next level perfect.
They are easy and really quick to make. Serve them as appetizers at family get-togethers, sandwich snacks at parties, even as simple weeknight meals.
These petite treats combine tender, shredded chicken with tangy Buffalo sauce and a creamy ranch dressing.
It’s like a shredded boneless chicken wing sandwich on a sweet roll. All the deliciousness with much less mess.
Tangy Buffalo chicken sliders may be tiny, but they pack a giant flavor you are sure to love!
Why You’ll Love Spicy Chicken Sliders
- They’re quick and easy to make. It’s a truly easy recipe.
- You can serve them as party appetizers, finger foods, or as part of a meal
- It’s a fantastic combo of comfort food and party food.
- Perfect for a entertaining a crowd whether it’s a get together or game day.
- A great sweet and spicy combination. The spicy buffalo sauce combined with the sweet dinner rolls gives a great combo.
Ingredients for Chicken Sliders with Buffalo Sauce
- Cooked, shredded chicken – you can use this smoked beer can chicken recipe or this smoked chicken breast for great tasting results. Shredded rotisserie chicken also works great.
- King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls – in the bread aisle at your local grocery store. You can also use standard slider buns, although the sweet Hawaiian rolls help offset the spicy wing sauce.
- Ranch dressing – I like using this Wingstop Copycat Ranch
- Buffalo sauce – Frank’s is the classic choice. Make sure you get the Buffalo sauce and not just the regular hot sauce.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Store bought works great, but for the best melty cheese I recommend shredding your own. I like to use a combination of cheddar and Monterey jack.
- Butter, melted
- Garlic salt – If you only have garlic powder, add a pinch of salt to the recipe as well
- Italian seasoning
How to Shred Chicken
Whether you cook the chicken homemade or use store bought chicken, shredding is the same. There are two ways you can do it:
- Using two forks to pull the chicken apart. Use your non-dominant hand for stabilizing the chicken and the other to pull the meat away. They also make special little claw tools you can purchase for shredding meats.
- In a mixer – the mixer method is only recommended for boneless chicken.
Substitutions and Alterations
- You can swap the ranch dressing for a blue cheese dressing. Not everyone likes blue cheese, so make sure that’s a taste and flavor the whole crowd enjoys. I usually find it’s best to serve both.
- Sprinkle in some ranch seasoning with the melted butter that gets brushed over the buns before baking. Just use dry ranch dressing mix.
- These are also great served with green onions mixed into the sliders.
- You can sprinkle in some blue cheese crumbles over the chicken before baking.
- If you are dairy intolerant, Hidden Valley makes a dairy free ranch dressing. You can also make these sliders with a dairy free ranch dip like this one. It’s a ranch dip and it’s a little thicker than bottled dressing. You might want to thin it out a little.
- For those allergic or intolerant to eggs or dairy, King’s Hawaiian Rolls contains both eggs and dairy in their allergen listing. If you have either of those allergies, try the sweet Hawaiian rolls from Sara Lee.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce.
Mix until the chicken is completely coated in the buffalo sauce and ranch.
Keep the sheet of Hawaiian rolls together in one piece. Don’t pull them apart. Using a serrated knife, cut them in half horizontally, separating the top from the bottom.
Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
Assemble the sliders by first topping the rolls with the shredded chicken mixture and spread it out evenly.
Sprinkle the chicken with shredded cheese making sure it’s fully covered.
Place the top of the rolls on top of the cheese.
In a small mixing bowl, add the butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
Mix it together until it’s fully combined.
Brush the tops of the rolls of the sliders with the melted butter mixture.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Just until the cheese is melted, the chicken is warmed through, and the tops of the bread are golden brown.
Remove them from the oven and cut into individual sliders. Serve and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for the best buffalo chicken sliders recipe
- For an easy shortcut, you can purchase pre-cooked shredded chicken. Rotisserie chicken works great!
- You can use either a baking dish or a cookie sheet to make these. Or for less mess and fewer dishes, this can also be made in a disposable foil cake pan.
- You can use something mild like a shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese. Or try a bolder flavor with something like crumbled gorgonzola or bleu cheese. Again, not everyone likes the flavor of bleu and gorgonzola cheeses.
- Serve these with extra ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing for dipping.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Serve these Buffalo chicken sliders as party appetizers, finger foods, or as part of a great family meal. Here are a few great sides to go with the slides.
- Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Potato Wedges
- Crack Green Beans with Bacon
- Roasted Frozen Green Beans
- Smoked Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
It’s also fun to serve these with some extra buffalo wing sauce for dipping. Then with your typical buffalo wings sides like celery sticks and carrot sticks.
How to Store Leftover Sliders
- It’s best to store any leftover filling separate from the bread in an airtight container in the fridge. Properly refrigerated, it will be good for up to 4 days.
- You can store already assembled sandwiches. Wrap them in foil and place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- To Freeze the Filling – Allow the filling to cool completely. Place in a well-sealed, airtight freezer bag. (I actually like to vacuum seal leftovers.) Stored properly, the filling can be frozen for up to 6 months.
How to Reheat this buffalo chicken slider recipe
You can reheat leftover sandwiches in the oven or air fryer.
- In the oven – reheat the sandwiches at 350°F for 5-7 minutes until they are warmed through.
- In the air fryer – reheat at 350°F for 3-4 minutes until they are warmed through.
Note – you can reheat the filling in the microwave. I don’t like to do the rolls in the microwave because they get overly chewy.
FAQs about buffalo chicken Hawaiian roll sliders
Almost any cheese goes with Buffalo chicken. You can use something mild like a shredded cheddar, swiss or mozzarella. Or try a bolder flavor with something like crumbled gorgonzola or bleu cheese.
Cheese on Buffalo sliders is a matter of personal preference, but most people would probably say “yes”.
I like to use cheddar on my Buffalo chicken sliders. But what sort of cheese you use is totally up to you. You know what you like!
Buffalo chicken sliders are somewhat spicy and definitely tangy. These sliders are cooled down a bit by using some ranch dressing in the mixture.
The term Buffalo sauce comes from the New York city of Buffalo. It is said to have been invented there in the mid 1960s.
Yes, pulled and shredded chicken are the same. The terms are used synonymously.
If you make this recipe and love it, we would love a 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! It helps us continue to provide free recipes.
Share on FacebookShare
Buffalo Chicken Slider
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce. Mix until the chicken is completely coated.
- Keep the rolls together in one piece (without pulling them apart) and cut them in half horizontally (cutting the top from the bottom). A serrated knife works best.
- Place the bottom half in a baking dish.
- Top the rolls with the shredded chicken mixture and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the chicken with shredded cheese and place the top of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Brush the top of the sliders with the melted butter mixture.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted and the chicken is warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and cut into individual sliders. Serve and enjoy!
- For an easy shortcut, you can purchase pre-cooked shredded chicken.
- You don’t have to use a baking dish for this. You could also use a cookie sheet.
- For fewer dishes, this can also be baked in a disposable cake pan.
- You can serve these with a side of ranch for dipping.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. It should only be used for estimation purposes and is not a guarantee of any kind. Nutritional information varies widely between brands and types of ingredients used. It is recommended that you calculate the nutritional information based on your own ingredients and brands used. Sweetly Splendid, LLC makes no guarantees as to the exact nutrition information.