I’m definitely not one of those people that’s super into lettuce wraps. I don’t get my burger in a lettuce wrap, and I don’t get things “protein style” where it’s bunless, breadless, or tortilla-less. I do like the lettuce wraps that used to come in these paleo-friendly pre-packaged foods called Naked Coconuts. I don’t know why they stopped making them, but I haven’t seen them in a couple of years. Other than that, I usually don’t go the lettuce wrap route. The day I made these Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps, it was a “why haven’t I don’t this before?!” moment. I’ve seen people make lettuce wraps of all kinds, but on this day I had some extra butter leaf lettuce and no bread. These little guys were delicious and I’ve made them several times since. So good!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
- butter leaf lettuce: any crunchy large leaf lettuce would work here, but I specifically like the living butter lettuce
- shredded cooked chicken breast: I love to cook mine in the Instant Pot and keep on hand
- thick cut bacon: I usually buy the thick cut bacon from Costco. I find that it’s more flavorful and has a better price point. You could replace this with whatever your favorite bacon is, this just happens to be what we buy in our house
- avocado: because really, who doesn’t like avocado? Well, besides my husband.
- tomatoes: I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes because that’s what I always have on hand at my house
- your favorite ranch: I chose to use Bolthouse Organics Avocado Ranch, but really anything would work!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CLUB LETTUCE WRAPS
First things first, you’ll want to be sure you wash and dry your butter leaf lettuce. I like to buy the living kind so it definitely can’t skip a good bath. Set it aside while you prep your remaining ingredients. You’ll need to cook your bacon and let it drain on a paper towel really well. At that point, you’ll just assemble your wraps. Easy peasy!
TIPS FOR CHICKEN CLUB LETTUCE WRAPS
- I find that the flavor is better on lettuce wraps when you use a bright, crisp lettuce like butter or even iceberg (gasp!)
- You can swap the ranch for mayo if you’d like to go for more of a classic chicken club recipe
CAN THIS RECIPE BE MEAL PREPPED IN ADVANCE?
Yes! This would make a great meal prep for the week if that’s what you’re into! I would recommend keeping the ingredients in separate small food storage bags and assembling right before eating.
OTHER SWEETLY SPLENDID RECIPES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
4 large butter lettuce leaves
2 slices of thick cut bacon
2oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2 oz avocado, cubed
1 tbsp ranch dressing
Wash and dry your lettuce leaves, set aside.
In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked through. Drain on a paper towel and let cool. Once cooled, crumble bacon.
Start assembling lettuce wraps by laying out lettuce leaf and layering ingredients inside.
To finish, top with a drizzle of ranch dressing.
WW Freestyle Points: 9
- Serving Size: 4 Lettuce Wraps
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 647
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 26
- Cholesterol: 85