Halloween is tomorrow! Are you excited? I'm normally never excited about Halloween, but this year is different. This year, I have a baby that I get to dress up in her super cute costume and show her around to the neighborhood. All of the holidays have had so much more meaning since our little nugget was born. Even 4th of July. My husband and I went out of our way to go buy a kids pool and let her splash around in a little patriotic swimsuit. My view on life and holidays has truly changed since she came along, all for the better.
Do you dress your family up for Halloween? My husband and I aren't big on dressing up ourselves, but dressing up our daughter? Oh heck yea! I can't wait to take pictures of her sweet self. We haven't really shared what she'll be with many people, but those that know us closely will get a good laugh out of it.
This candy corn bark is SO SIMPLE. If you need a recipe to take to a Halloween party that takes little to no effort, travels easily, and doesn't require refrigeration, this is a great option. I choose to use dark chocolate for this recipe to balance out the sweetness of the candy corn, but you are more than welcome to use whatever chocolate you love. Dark, milk, white, all chocolate has a good opportunity to taste really great in this recipe. You can also change your choice of nuts or omit them completely. This recipe really is totally up to you! Get creative and make it YOU!
Candy Corn Bark
- 1 lb dark chocolate
- 2 cups pecans roughly chopped
- 2 cups candy corn
- ½ lb white chocolate
- Sprinkles of choice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate until smooth.
- Add pecans to dark chocolate and stir until combined.
- Pour dark chocolate onto baking sheet and spread smoothly until about ¼-1/8 inch thick.
- In double boiler, melt white chocolate until smooth.
- Using a spoon, drizzle white chocolate across dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle top of chocolate with sprinkles of choice.
- Sprinkle candy corn evenly across top of chocolate.
- Place baking sheet of chocolate in a cool dry place to set. Allow the chocolate to cool and set completely. You can also place this into the refrigerator for about an hour to set.
- Once the bark has completely set, remove from the pan and break into pieces.