It's peach season! We're a little spoiled around here where we are able to get Fredericksburg peaches. I'm probably biased, but they are the best peaches around. They're always so juicy and so flavorful! What better way to eat them, than in this insanely delicious peach cobbler?
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR PEACH COBBLER:
- fresh peaches
- unsalted butter
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
HOW TO MAKE PEACH COBBLER:
- Pit and slice your peaches. The thinner you slice them, the faster it'll cook.
- Combine your peaches with a portion of the sugar.
- Add your peaches to the non-stick sprayed casserole dish.
- Combine your remaining ingredients and mix until they form a dough.
- Add spoonfuls of the dough to the top of the peaches, spreading with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, and finish by broiling to get the crust nice and crispy.
TIPS AND NOTES FOR PEACH COBBLER:
- As hard as it is, allow it to cool completely before diving in. The entire consistency changes as it cools. It may seem a little watery when it first comes out, but if you allow it to completely cool, it becomes thicker and just perfect!
- The crust doesn't have to be perfect, just try to get the top covered as best you can.
- When you put it under the broiler, it's important to keep a close eye! It can quickly burn.
- If your peaches aren't quite ripe, you can add a little extra sugar to the peaches and bake it a little longer. You can also add some extra butter.
CAN PEACH COBBLER BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! I actually encourage it. That way, you have time to allow it to completely cool before serving. You can assemble it all the way up to the point of baking and then wait to bake it (keep in the fridge in the mean time), or you can bake it to completion and refrigerate until you're ready to serve and just reheat before serving.
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR MEALS? TRY ONE OF THESE:
- 10-12 small fresh peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 3qt casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pit and thinly slice the peaches, adding them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar to the peaches (if ripe, 2 tbsp is plenty - if not ripe, add a little more)
- Mix the peaches with the sugar until they are coated. Add peach mixture to the casserole dish and spread them out evenly.
- Melt the butter and allow it to cool slightly.
- Mix together melted butter, remaining sugar, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the batter on to the top of the peaches and spread with your fingers. You'll want to push down and smooth out to cover the peaches.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes (KEEPING A CLOSE EYE TO AVOID BURNING!) to allow the top to brown and become crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. I know it's hard to wait, but if you do, it becomes the perfect consistency!