Are you a savory or sweet breakfast person? I’m actually a little both. Some days I want all savory, and some days a yogurt parfait sounds delicious. I used to be strictly sweet, but over the years I’ve slowly converted to a little of both. Whenever we go out for breakfast, I usually get some sort of dish that includes both (aka a waffle on the side of my savory dish). I love to meal prep this Veggie, Turkey Sausage, and Basil Frittata and reheat it for breakfast throughout the week. The last time I made it, I may have eaten it for breakfast and lunch multiple days.
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Recipe:
- red bell pepper
- avocado oil (or you can substitute olive oil)
- grape tomatoes
- fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- turkey sausage, cooked
How to Make Veggie, Turkey Sausage, and Basil Frittata
- Preheat oven to broiler setting and place oven rack at least 6″ from broiler
- Heat oil in an oven safe skillet.
- Add in onion and red bell pepper and saute until soft.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic to the skillet an saute until soft.
- Add turkey crumbles, stir to combine.
- Add eggs, pouring evenly throughout the skillet.
- Allow eggs to cook for 1 minute, without stirring.
- Place the skillet in the oven under the broiler until set and golden, about 2-3 minutes.
Tips for Recipe
- You can adjust the vegetables used however you like to suit your tastes.
- You can swap avocado oil with olive oil if you’d like.
- I like to use Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles, but feel free to swap with a cooked turkey sausage of your choice.
- It’s important not to stir the eggs so that they can cook evenly and set.
- Be sure to watch carefully while it’s under the broiler to avoid burning.
Can this recipe be frozen?
- Yes! You can place your slices into a freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Reheat as needed.
Can this recipe be made into egg muffins?
- Yes! I would recommend placing sauteed vegetables to a mixing bowl and combining with beaten eggs. Add to a muffin tin sprayed with nonstick spray. I recommend baking in a 350° oven until set.
Interested in other breakfast recipes? Try one of these:
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2 large cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
8 whole eggs, beaten
3/4 cup Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles
Preheat oven broiler and place oven rack at least 6″ from broiler.
Add oil, onion, and red bell pepper to an oven safe skillet.
Saute over medium high heat until soft.
Add zucchini, basil, tomatoes, garlic, and salt & pepper. Saute until zucchini & tomatoes soften.
Add turkey crumbles to skillet and stir to combine.
Add eggs, pouring evenly throughout skillet.
Allow eggs to cook for 1 minutes without stirring.
Place the skillet in the oven under the broiler until set and golden, about 2-3 minutes.
WW Freestyle Points: 1 per slice
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 163
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 194
Keywords: eggs, 1sp, vegetables, breakfast