One dish, less than 30 minutes, and only 6 smart points. WINNER WINNER spaghetti? dinner! This Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is a triple threat! I have friends ask me frequently how I use my Instant Pot and what my favorite things to make are. So… I figured I’d start sharing some recipes here so that y’all can see just how much I love this gadget. I’m the queen of forgetting to thaw, so admittedly it gets a lot of use making chicken. I throw chicken in there for all sorts of dishes and it will cook them from frozen in less than 30 minutes without me having to thaw them.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
- ground turkey
- beef stock
- spaghetti noodles
- crushed tomatoes
- dried parsley
- italian seasoning
- black pepper
- fennel seed
- red pepper flakes
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE:
- Brown your ground turkey and saute your onion
- Quite literally just add in the rest of your ingredients in the right order as indicated in the recipe below
- Let your Instant Pot cook the spaghetti for 7 minutes
- You’re done! Serve it up to your family!
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE:
- I have ground turkey listed in this recipe because it is 0 smart points on WW. You can swap it out for ground beef or I opt for ground elk.
- You could add additional veggies in this recipe to bulk it up if you’d like. Some suggestions would be bell pepper and zucchini.
- The spice list seems long, but trust me. It adds a depth of flavor that keeps this dish yummy!
IS THE INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE FREEZER FRIENDLY?
- Yes and no. Listen, I’m all about a freezer meal. Trust me. This meal is so quick to make, there really isn’t anything to do to make it freezer friendly, but what I like to do personally is make a batch and then divide it out into individual servings and freeze those servings. I reheat in the oven or microwave with some additional beef stock.
INTERESTED IN OTHER PASTA RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE:
1lb 99% ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1/2 tbsp)
2 cups low sodium organic beef stock
12 oz spaghetti noodles
28oz organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp italian seasoning
3/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp fennel seed
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
On Instant Pot, press Saute.
Add ground turkey, onion, salt, parsley, italian seasoning, black pepper, fennel seed, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
Cook about 8 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and onions are softened.
Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
Add celery and carrot and stir to combine.
Press cancel on Instant Pot.
Add beef stock to Instant Pot.
Break spaghetti noodles in half and spread them evenly over the turkey mixture. You don’t want them laying perfectly next to each other in line because they will stick together. Spread them out, but put them in an even layer.
Pour crushed tomatoes over noodles, covering completely.
Place lid on Instant Pot and turn valve to Sealing.
Select Manual, High Pressure, 7 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure and cook for 7 minutes.
Once timer goes off, press Cancel and quick-release pressure (turning valve to venting).
Open Instant Pot and stir pasta. The noodles may be slightly stuck to each other, but just keep stirring and they will break apart.
Serve up hot!
WW Freestyle Points: 6 for approximately 2 cup serving
- Serving Size: 1/6th (about 2 cups)
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 444
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 57
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 29
- Cholesterol: 40