Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is an easy-to-make weeknight meal that’s made entirely in the Instant Pot. It’s a flavor-packed meal that the entire family will love.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
you will love this instant pot spaghetti and meat sauce
One dish, less than 30 minutes, and only 6 smart points. WINNER WINNER spaghetti? dinner!
I figured I’d start sharing some recipes here so that y’all can see just how much I love this gadget.
I’m the queen of forgetting to thaw, so admittedly it gets a lot of use making chicken. I throw the chicken in there for all sorts of dishes and it will cook them from frozen in less than 30 minutes without me having to thaw them.
spaghetti instant pot ingredients
- ground turkey
- beef stock
- spaghetti noodles
- crushed tomatoes
- dried parsley
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- fennel seed
- red pepper flakes
how to make spaghetti in instant pot
- Brown your ground turkey and saute your onion
- Quite literally just add in the rest of your ingredients in the right order as indicated in the recipe below
- Let your Instant Pot cook the spaghetti for 7 minutes
- You’re done! Serve it up to your family!
instant pot spaghetti recipe tips
- I have ground turkey listed in this recipe because it is 0 smart points on WW. You can swap it out for ground beef or I opt for ground elk.
- You could add additional veggies to this recipe to bulk it up if you’d like. Some suggestions would be bell pepper and zucchini.
- The spice list seems long, but trust me. It adds a depth of flavor that keeps this dish yummy!
how to store instant pot spaghetti with meat sauce
Instant Pot spaghetti with meat sauce should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place it in the oven or microwave with some additional beef stock.
Spaghetti in Instant Pot FAQ
I find that the best method to prevent spaghetti noodles from sticking together in the Instant Pot is to lay them in a “birds nest” style way. Instead of placing them against each other in the pot, place them apart a little haphazardly as shown in the process shots above.
This depends entirely on the consistency of the spaghetti sauce you are using. If it’s a thicker style sauce, it won’t count towards the liquid. If it’s thinner, you can let it count towards some of the liquid.
It’s best to brown the meat before adding the remaining ingredients of the spaghetti sauce.
The pasta needs to be submerged in the sauce and liquid of the Instant Pot in order to cook properly. If it is not, it may be crunchy and gummy rather than cooked through.
interested in other pasta recipes? try one of these!
Share on FacebookShare
Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce
- 1 lb 99% ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced (about 1/2 tbsp)
- 2 cups low sodium organic beef stock
- 12 oz spaghetti noodles
- 28 oz fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- On Instant Pot, press Saute.
- Add ground turkey, onion, salt, parsley, italian seasoning, black pepper, fennel seed, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook about 8 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and onions are softened.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add celery and carrot and stir to combine.
- Press cancel on Instant Pot.
- Add beef stock to Instant Pot.
- Break spaghetti noodles in half and spread them evenly over the turkey mixture. You don’t want them laying perfectly next to each other in line because they will stick together. Spread them out, but put them in an even layer.
- Pour crushed tomatoes over noodles, covering completely.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and turn valve to Sealing.
- Select Manual, High Pressure, 7 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure and cook for 7 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, press Cancel and quick-release pressure (turning valve to venting).
- Open Instant Pot and stir pasta. The noodles may be slightly stuck to each other, but just keep stirring and they will break apart.
- Serve up hot!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.