It’s the time of year for pumpkins and apples. Of the two, I definitely prefer apples. Caramel apples are always one of my favorite fall treats. When you’re looking for something easy and simple to serve for your fall or Halloween party, caramel apples aren’t exactly the “cleanest” treat! By cutting them into bite size servings, served with these little appetizer forks, they are easy to handle and clean up is a breeze.
I like to sprinkle mine with some colored sugar crystals. It adds an extra flavor & tiny crunch that changes them up a bit.
- 3 Green Apples
- 1 Package Kraft Caramels
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Gold Sugar Crystals
- Unwrap and place caramels into a saucepan with water and heat over medium-low heat until melted, stirring consistently.
- When smooth, remove from heat.
- Wash, core, and cut apples into slices.
- Place a toothpick into each slice.
- Holding the apple slice by the toothpick, run the skin side of the apple in the caramel allowing the excess to run off.
- Sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Place on wax paper and allow to cool.
- You can choose to leave the toothpicks in or remove and insert small appetizer forks to serve.
*Sweetly Splendid is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com.