This Instant Pot Buffalo chicken dip is the perfect appetizer for any gathering. It is so simple and so quick to make. Cool and creamy, tangy and spicy, it’s sure to please at any party, holiday, or game day get-together.
The classic Buffalo chicken dip. It’s tangy, creamy, spicy, and always an absolute crowd favorite. Making it in the Instant Pot makes it faster and easier than ever.
This delicious dip comes together so quickly, under 15 minutes, you can have it whenever the whim strikes.
If you’re looking for the perfect, crowd-pleasing appetizer that is easy, fast, and delicious, look no further. This pressure cooker Buffalo chicken dip is the cheesiest, creamiest, and quickest Buffalo dip ever.
I love serving it at all sorts of holidays and parties, and it’s perfect for game day. Serve it with corn chips, pita, pretzels, or veggie sticks.
Why This is the Best Ever Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip is easy to make with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. No need to go searching for hard to find items.
It comes together so fast in the Instant Pot! When you need a quick and easy appetizer, this is the one to go to.
It is the perfect combo of cool, creamy, and spicy. This Buffalo dip is always a crowd-pleaser. I love to serve it at parties and holidays especially.
Ingredients for Buffalo Cheesy Chicken Dip
You only need 5 simple ingredients for this quick and easy Instant Pot chicken dip!
Chicken breasts – raw, uncooked boneless skinless
Buffalo sauce – Frank’s is the classic choice. Feel free to use your favorite wing sauce.
Cream cheese – I recommend full-fat for the best results.
Shredded cheddar cheese – You can use packaged or freshly shredded from a block.
Optional toppings: extra shredded cheese, more buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, green onion, jalapeno slices
Substitutions and Alterations
- The buffalo sauce could be replaced with your favorite hot sauce, but the spiciness of the dip will drastically increase.
- You can replace the chicken breast with chicken thighs.
- Substitute any of your favorite cheeses for the cheddar cheese. Note that not all cheeses will yield the same results.
How to Make 5 Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Dip
Place the uncooked chicken breasts and buffalo sauce into the Instant Pot.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to SEALING.
Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
Press CANCEL and QUICK RELEASE the pressure. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid.
Shred the chicken breast and mix it into the sauce.
Add in the ranch dressing, cream cheese, and half of the cheddar cheese.
Mix until it’s fully combined and all of the cream cheese is melted into the dip.
You can leave the Buffalo dip in the Instant Pot liner or transfer it to a serving dish. It will be runny at this point. You need to let the dip cool. It will thicken as it cools.
Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top and top with your favorite toppings.
Tips & Tricks
- A great way to shred boneless chicken breast is to utilize a hand mixer or stand mixer. You can also use two forks to pull the meat apart.
- It’s really important to let the dip cool to thicken. With this method, it will be runny when it’s first done but will thicken as it starts to cool.
- Use full-fat cream cheese and fresh shredded cheese for the creamiest results.
- I recommend transferring the finished Buffalo chicken dip to a shallow baking dish so that it’s easier to scoop.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip
Serve your Instant Pot cheesy buffalo chicken dip warm with
- Tortilla chips or Fritos
- Pretzels or pretzel rods
- Baguette slices
- Bagel or pita chips
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Bell pepper slices
How to Store Leftover Buffalo Dip
Allow any leftover cheesy Buffalo dip to cool completely at room temperature before refrigerating or freezing.
Store any leftover Buffalo chicken dip in a well-sealed, airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Depending on the type and temperature of your freezer, leftover chicken dip can be frozen 4-6 months. Check out my post on how to freeze Buffalo chicken dip for proper storage to achieve the best results.
How to Reheat Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
Reheat leftover refrigerated dip in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Stir, and heat again for 1 minute.
Defrost frozen dip before reheating in the microwave at 75% for 3-4 minutes or until the dip is warmed through completely.
FAQs about this buffalo chicken dip recipe
Buffalo chicken dip does thicken as it cools. If you think your dip is still too runny, it could be a few other things. It may be too little chicken to too much ranch dressing or wing sauce.
You can thicken the dip by adding more shredded chicken or cream cheese. If you are out of both of those, try adding a little bread crumb.
There are a couple options to keep your dip from being too greasy. Make sure all the ingredients are very well combined so there’s no pooling of oil.
Use all white meat. Dark meat has a slightly higher fat content that can release extra oil into the dip. Use freshly shredded cheese instead of packaged.
The best thing to eat Buffalo chicken dip with is tortilla chips. You can also serve it with pretzels or pretzel rods, crispy baguette slices, bagel chips, carrots, celery sticks, or pita chips.
Yes, you can make Instant Pot Buffalo dip with rotisserie chicken. The cook time would be shorter as you are only heating the chicken and not actually cooking it.
More dip recipes you might love
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- Avocado Mango Salsa
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
- Velveeta Rotel Cheese Dip
If you make this recipe and love it, we would love a 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! It helps us continue to provide free recipes.
Share on FacebookShare
Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Place the chicken breasts and buffalo sauce into the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to SEALING.
- Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Press CANCEL and QUICK RELEASE the pressure. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken breast and mix it into the sauce.
- Add in the ranch dressing, cream cheese, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Mix until it’s combined and all of the cream cheese is melted.
- You can leave it in the Instant Pot liner or transfer it to a serving dish. It will be runny at this point. You need to let it cool. It will thicken as it cools.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar on top and top with your favorite toppings.
- A great way to shred chicken breast is to utilize a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- It’s really important to let it cool to thicken. With this method, it will be runny when it’s first done.
- I recommend transferring it to a shallow serving dish so that it’s easier to scoop.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.