This corn dip with cream cheese is an easy-to-make appetizer that everyone will love. It’s served cold so you don’t have to worry about transporting a hot dish to a party.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is the BEST Cream Cheese Corn Dip
This cheesy dip combines sweet corn with sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese. It is a delicious appetizer recipe that’s served cold and has a great combination of sweet and savory.
If you’re looking for a great appetizer for a Super Bowl party or a Cinco de Mayo party, this one is great!
I love having an easy dip recipe that’s delicious any time of year.
Why you’ll love Corn Cream Cheese Dip
It’s an easy appetizer with simple ingredients. It’s perfect for your next party.
This delicious dip is a great option for a game day appetizer.
Because this is not a hot dip, no baking dish or slow cooker is required. Just add it to a cute serving bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and take it to your party!
It’s one of those great recipes you can throw together in less than 5 minutes.
What you’ll need for Cold Corn Dip
- sour cream – you can use full fat or light sour cream, but don’t use the fat free version
- cream cheese – it’s key that it is softened for this recipe in order for it to mix in properly. I like to use full fat cream cheese to really get that creaminess of the cheese.
- ranch dressing mix – I like to buy the kind in the shaker, but the packets can be used here as well
- shredded cheese – sharp cheddar is my favorite because I feel like it stands up the best to all the other flavors, but any version of cheddar works great. Monterey jack cheese and pepper jack are also great in this dip.
- frozen corn – the corn will need to be thawed, but you could also use drained canned corn. Fresh corn kernels would also be delicious!
Alterations and substitutions for this Corn Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
You can add garlic powder or garlic salt for a depth of flavor.
Add in green onions or finely diced yellow onion. You could also go for onion powder to avoid the texture of the onion.
Swap out the sour cream for greek yogurt.
To add a little spicy kick, you can add in cayenne pepper, green chilies, chili powder, hot sauce, fresh jalapeños, or diced poblano pepper.
When it comes to cheese in this, there are a few types of cheeses you can use. I really love shredded sharp cheddar, but Monterrey jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, cotija cheese, or even parmesan cheese.
Bulk up the dip with black beans!
Add a little kick of citrus with some lime juice.
How to make Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined, ensuring the cream cheese is fully incorporated. You don’t want any large chunks of cream cheese.
- Refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve.
Corn Dip with Fritos tips and tricks
For the best results, you’ll want to make sure the cream cheese is completely softened. That way you don’t end up with big chunks of cream cheese that haven’t been mixed in.
What to serve with Corn Cream Cheese Dip
This corn dip is a cheesy, creamy, sweet dip that can be served both cold and room temperature.
It pairs well with both salty and sweet dippers. Some of my favorites are:
- corn chips
- tortilla chips
- fresh vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, and celery sticks
- mini toast
How to store Cream Cheese Corn Dip
Store this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this dip because the texture will change.
other easy dips you might like
- Green Chile Cheese Dip
- Bacon Ranch Dip
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- Smoked White Queso Dip
- Yogurt Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Roasted Salsa
If you make this recipe and love it, we would love a 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! It helps us continue to provide free recipes.
Share on FacebookShare
Corn Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix until it is thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. It should only be used for estimation purposes and is not a guarantee of any kind. Nutritional information varies widely between brands and types of ingredients used. It is recommended that you calculate the nutritional information based on your own ingredients and brands used. Sweetly Splendid, LLC makes no guarantees as to the exact nutrition information.