If you’re looking for some good Super Bowl food that won’t totally ruin your New Years Resolutions, these might just be the thing you’re looking for. Sausage balls are super easy to make, but normally have about 120 calories PER ball. I’ve lightened these up to have only 56 calories per ball.
They only require four ingredients and they’re so easy and simple to make. Adding them to the food lineup this Sunday is really easy and everyone will enjoy them. You can dip them in whatever dipping sauces you like, but personally, I just like dipping them in plain ‘ol ketchup!
I make mine kind of large, but you can make yours smaller and they would be even less calories per ball.
- 1lb Jennie-O Hot Breakfast Turkey Sausage
- 8oz fat free cream cheese
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage and cream cheese. Using an electric mixer, mix until they are thoroughly combined.
- Once combined, add in Bisquick.
- Once Bisquick is incorporated, add in the cheddar cheese.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the balls of the mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Once you’ve scooped all of the balls, use your hands to smooth them out and make them more uniform.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- After the balls have chilled for 15 minutes, place them directly into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are firm and golden.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
WW Freestyle Points: 2 per ball
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 282
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 13