This Roast Pork Tenderloin recipe is comforting and easy to make. It’s tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. Everyone in the family will love it.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
Why you’ll love this Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Oven roasted pork tenderloin is pure comfort food, but is so easy to make.
It tastes like it’s been slow cooking all day, but it really only takes about 30 minutes.
Not only is it easy enough to make for a weeknight meal, but it’s also nice enough to serve for Christmas dinner or Easter.
It feels fancy, but it’s not at all complicated. It’s actually very simple.
You’ll love this recipe for a few big reasons:
- Quick and easy – it only involves a few simply steps and about 30 minutes
- Comfort food – it’s a hearty, comfort food meal
- Family friendly – it’s the type of food everyone in the family will love
- Great for special occasions – it’s great for special occasions like Christmas Dinner or Easter Lunch
Roast Pork Tenderloin Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- pork tenderloin – this cut of pork usually comes in a 2 pack and that works great for this recipe
- brown sugar
- smoked paprika – Regular paprika can be substituted
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning – You can buy this at the store or make your own.
- salt – Kosher salt and sea salt are the best.
- black pepper – Freshly ground makes a big difference.
- cayenne pepper – Feel free to skip if you don’t love spice.
- butter – Unsalted and salted butter both work.
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin in the oven
Let’s get into how to make this easy pork tenderloin recipe:
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13-inch dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
Pat the tenderloin dry with a paper towel and set it aside.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and spices.
Stir together until it’s fully combined.
Sprinkle the rub mixture on all sides of the tenderloin, ensuring it is fully covered in the spice mixture.
Place the prepared tenderloin into the center of the baking dish.
Top the tenderloin with small cubes of butter.
Bake the tenderloin in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium. (The meat will continue to cook for a little bit once it’s been removed from the oven. Be sure to keep that in mind.)
Remove the tenderloin from the oven and set it aside to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the tenderloin and serve on a serving platter.
How long to cook Pork Tenderloin in Oven
A one-pound pork tenderloin will cook at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, depending on your desired temperature.
It’s a good idea to have a meat thermometer inserted into the meat so you can monitor the internal temp.
Pork Tenderloin Internal Temp
Bake a one-pound pork tenderloin in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Just until the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium.
Bear in mind that the meat will continue to cook once it’s removed from the oven. Be sure to plan accordingly.
Tips for Juicy Oven Pork Tenderloin
In general, meat will continue to cook once it’s removed from the oven. Be sure to plan accordingly when monitoring the internal temperature.
Be sure to use a meat thermometer to keep tabs on the sear of the meat.
What to serve with Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is a stunning main dish that goes so well with a number of side dishes.
Storing and Reheating this recipe for Pork Tenderloin
Store pork tenderloin in a food-safe, airtight container. According to the USDA, cooked pork should be consumed within three to four days.
Reheating pork tenderloin improperly can dry out the meat. Reheat it on the stovetop in a pan with a lid to trap in moisture. You can reheat it whole or in slices.
- Reheating whole: Turn it every few minutes until heated through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Reheating slices: Flip slices every minute or so, about 3 to 4 minutes in total.
Add slices to sandwiches for lunch or enjoy leftovers for dinner with sides again.
Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe FAQs
While they sound the same, these are two different cuts of meat. A pork tenderloin is a boneless, narrow and elongated piece of meat from the muscle that runs against the spine. In contrast, a pork loin is broader and more level in shape, and can be boneless or bone-in.
Pork tenderloin cooks well at high temperatures, from 350°F to 425°F. The heat from the oven warms from all sides, producing a juicy roast.
More Pork Recipes
If you make this recipe and love it, we would love a 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! It helps us continue to provide free recipes.
Share on FacebookShare
Oven Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Pat the tenderloin dry with a paper towel and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Sprinkle the rub mixture on all sides of the tenderloin making sure it's fully covered.
- Place the tenderloin in the baking dish.
- Top the tenderloin with the small cubes of butter.
- Bake the tenderloin in the oven for 25-30 minutes, just until the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium. The meat will continue to cook for a little bit once it's been removed from the oven so be sure to keep that in mind.
- Remove the tenderloin from the oven and set it aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the tenderloin and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. It should only be used for estimation purposes and is not a guarantee of any kind. Nutritional information varies widely between brands and types of ingredients used. It is recommended that you calculate the nutritional information based on your own ingredients and brands used. Sweetly Splendid, LLC makes no guarantees as to the exact nutrition information.