This sweet treat requires minimal ingredients and is the perfect summer drink. It’s great as is, but is also a really great base for your summer cocktails! It’s best made with fresh peaches, but you can use frozen. Just be sure to thaw them completely first before using.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR PEACH LEMONADE:
HOW TO MAKE PEACH LEMONADE:
(full recipe card below)
- In a large sauce pan, add the water, sugar, zest from 1 lemon, and peaches. Heat on high until boiling and then turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer the peach mixture for 10-15 minutes, until the peaches are soft and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Place a mesh strainer over a bowl or pitcher and pour your peach mixture in.
- Using a potato masher (or other tool), mash the peach mixture through the mesh strainer to get out all of the juice.
- Discard the pulp.
- Add your peach syrup & lemon juice to a pitcher and fill the rest of the way with water.
- Add in extra peach slices and lemons to the pitcher and enjoy!
TIPS AND NOTES FOR PEACH LEMONADE:
- Fresh peaches work best, but if you need to, you can use frozen peaches. Be sure to fully thaw them before using. You don’t want the ice to add extra water to the syrup mixture.
- This makes a perfect base for cocktails or even popsicles!
- Try to get as much juice as you can out of your peach mixture. It’s the concentrate that all of the flavor comes from!
CAN PEACH LEMONADE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Definitely! It lasts several days in the fridge.
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE:Print
- 1 cup water + additional to fill the pitcher
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 large lemons (zest from 1 lemon, juice from all)
- 3 cups peaches, diced
- Add 1 cup water, sugar, zest from 1 lemon, and peaches to a large sauce pan.
- Heat pan up to a boil and then allow the mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the peaches have softened and the mixture has begun to thicken, remove from the heat.
- Place a mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the peach mixture into the mesh strainer.
- Using a potato masher or similar tool, mash the mixture to extract all of the juice from it.
- Once all the juice has been expelled, discard the pulp.
- Add the juice to a large pitcher.
- Add in the lemon juice to the peach mixture.
- Fill the remainder of the pitcher with water and stir to combine.