Our family that came in town for Christmas just left this morning so we're over here just cleaning, resting, and trying to get back into our normal routine. The past week was a bit of a marathon cooking session so our upcoming meals are going to be easy, low effort foods! One of those being this Cheesy Chicken & Veggie Bubble Up casserole that I have stashed in the freezer. It's packed with cheese, veggies, biscuits, and a touch of spice with Old Bay seasoning.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
- frozen Normandy blend vegetables
- cooked, shredded chicken
- canned biscuits
- condensed cheddar soup
- mixed cheese
- Old Bay seasoning
- garlic power
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CHICKEN & VEGGIE BUBBLE UP:
Making this recipe is a cinch! You'll start by preheating your oven and then cutting your biscuits up into 10 pieces each.
Take your biscuits and shake them around & season them in a food storage bag, making sure they are coated.
In your baking dish, you'll combine your remaining ingredients with the biscuits, and bake in the oven to complete.
TIPS AND NOTES FOR CHEESY CHICKEN & VEGGIE BUBBLE UP
- You don't have to cut the biscuits up into 10 pieces each. You can divide them up however you like, I just prefer smaller pieces throughout the dish and find that they cook better that way.
- It's important to cook and drain off the frozen vegetables because you don't want them releasing water into the casserole as it bakes.
- I chose to use Trader Joe's mixed cheese because it had a lower point value. You can use whatever cheese you like!
- You'll want to use a large (9x13) baking dish so that the ingredients are spread out when they bake and the biscuits are able to cook through.
IS THE RECIPE FOR CHEESY CHICKEN & VEGGIE BUBBLE UP FREEZER FRIENDLY?
Absolutely! It actually freezes very well. If you'd like to make this a freezer meal, I recommend baking it to completion and then freezing.
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR MEALS? TRY ONE OF THESE:
Cheesy Chicken & Veggie Bubble Up
- 24 ounces frozen Normandy blend vegetables
- 1 can of Pillsbury Flaky Layers biscuits
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 24 ounces cooked chicken breast shredded or diced
- 10.5 ounce canned condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13x9 dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Cook the Normandy blend vegetables according to package instructions and drain well. You don't want any extra water in the casserole, it will prevent the biscuits from cooking properly.
- Cut the biscuits into 10 pieces each and place them inside a large food storage bag.
- Add the Old Bay seasoning and garlic powder to the bag and seal. Shake the bag to coat all of the biscuit pieces. Set aside.
- Add chicken breast, cheddar cheese soup, and Normandy blend vegetables to the baking dish. Mix to combine.
- Add the biscuits to the mixture.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes until the biscuits are browned and cooked through. Removed from the oven.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and return to oven for an additional 2-4 minutes (just until cheese is melted).