Our family that came in town for Christmas just left this morning so we're over here just cleaning, resting, and trying to get back into our normal routine. The past week was a bit of a marathon cooking session so our upcoming meals are going to be easy, low effort foods! One of those being this Cheesy Chicken & Veggie Bubble Up casserole that I have stashed in the freezer. It's packed with cheese, veggies, biscuits, and a touch of spice with Old Bay seasoning.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
- frozen Normandy blend vegetables
- cooked, shredded chicken
- canned biscuits
- condensed cheddar soup
- mixed cheese
- Old Bay seasoning
- garlic power
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CHICKEN & VEGGIE BUBBLE UP:
Making this recipe is a cinch! You'll start by preheating your oven and then cutting your biscuits up into 10 pieces each.
Take your biscuits and shake them around & season them in a food storage bag, making sure they are coated.
In your baking dish, you'll combine your remaining ingredients with the biscuits, and bake in the oven to complete.
TIPS AND NOTES FOR CHEESY CHICKEN & VEGGIE BUBBLE UP
- You don't have to cut the biscuits up into 10 pieces each. You can divide them up however you like, I just prefer smaller pieces throughout the dish and find that they cook better that way.
- It's important to cook and drain off the frozen vegetables because you don't want them releasing water into the casserole as it bakes.
- I chose to use Trader Joe's mixed cheese because it had a lower point value. You can use whatever cheese you like!
- You'll want to use a large (9x13) baking dish so that the ingredients are spread out when they bake and the biscuits are able to cook through.
IS THE RECIPE FOR CHEESY CHICKEN & VEGGIE BUBBLE UP FREEZER FRIENDLY?
Absolutely! It actually freezes very well. If you'd like to make this a freezer meal, I recommend baking it to completion and then freezing.
INTERESTED IN SIMILAR MEALS? TRY ONE OF THESE:Print
24 oz frozen Normandy blend vegetables
1 can of Pillsbury Flaky Layers biscuits
24oz cooked, shredded chicken
1 can condensed cheddar soup
1 cup Trader Joe's Lite 3 cheese blend
2 tsp Old Bay seasoning, lower sodium
1 tbsp garlic powder
½ cup water
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 13x9 dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
Cook the Normandy blend vegetables according to package instructions and drain well (you don't want extra water in the casserole).
Cut your biscuits into 10 pieces each and place inside a large food storage bag.
Add the Old Bay seasoning and garlic powder to the bag and seal.
Shake the bag to coat all of the biscuit pieces. Set aside.
In the baking dish, mix all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese.
Fold in the biscuits to the baking dish mixture.
Bake for 35-38 minutes until the biscuits are browned and cooked through.
Sprinkle with 3 cheese blend and return to oven for an additional 2-4 minutes (just until cheese is melted).
WW Freestyle Points: 9
- Serving Size: heaping 1 cup
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 1038
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 9