This easy to make chicken and stuffing casserole is assembled and cooked entirely in the crockpot.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
the best crockpot chicken stuffing
Take the stress out of dinner time by providing hearty comfort food with minimal effort. This simple, easy, step-by-step recipe for crockpot chicken and stuffing will impress your friends and family.
It is perfect for potlucks, parties, or a cozy night in with your family. It is easy to prepare so it's great for the times when you don’t feel like cooking, but crave hearty, comfort food.
ingredients you'll need to make chicken and stuffing in the crockpot
- ranch dressing - Hidden Valley works really well in this recipe, but be sure to use your favorite brand
- cream of chicken soup - for a lower sodium version you can use homemade cream of chicken or use a the low sodium kind
- water - don't skip the water, you'll need it to keep the stuffing from getting dry
- frozen mixed vegetables - use your favorite frozen blend here, there's no wrong kind
- stuffing mix - I get the best results with Stove Top brand Chicken Stuffing mix
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - be sure to trim the fat from your breasts so that your stuffing doesn't get greasy. I don't recommend using chicken thighs in this recipe.
how to serve this chicken and stuffing crockpot recipe
how to make chicken and stuffing
Detailed instructions and measurements to make Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Start by adding the ranch, water, and cream of chicken soup together in the slow cooker. Whisk it together until it's smooth.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables and stuffing mix to the slow cooker and mix it until it's completely combined. You'll want to make sure all of the stuffing is coated.
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker, making sure they sit on the bottom. I like to take my spoon and make little pockets in the stuffing mixture to slide them in and then cover them back up with the stuffing mixture.
- Set the crockpot to LOW and cook for 4 hours.
tips, tricks and faqs
To avoid the stuffing mix sticking to the sides, you can spray the crockpot with nonstick spray.
For crispier stuffing, remove the lid for the last 30 minutes to allow the condensation to escape and the top to crisp.
You can increase the protein by adding additional chicken. Adjust for the cooking time as needed.
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. You can either reheat this in the microwave or the oven. The oven will allow it to crisp back up.
If stuffing seems too dry as it cooks, you can add water or stock for moisture.
Crockpot Chicken with Stuffing
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 10.5 ounce cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- Add ranch, water, and cream of chicken soup together in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add vegetables and stuffing to slow cooker and mix to combine.
- Add chicken and push down to the bottom of slow cooker into the mixture.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. It should only be used for estimation purposes and is not a guarantee of any kind. Nutritional information varies widely between brands and types of ingredients used. It is recommended that you calculate the nutritional information based on your own ingredients and brands used. Sweetly Splendid, LLC makes no guarantees as to the exact nutrition information.